2016 Candidate Questions
These are the questions that all of us who are struggling to find substantial gainful employment in the national economy—work—want the answers to from each and every candidate for public office during the coming 2016 Presidential election season regardless of their political party.
These are the questions that all of us who are struggling to find work want the answers to from each and every candidate for public office in the coming 2016 Presidential election regardless of their political party.
- Do you have a policy that will create jobs which will provide the young men and women who work diligently in school, obtain an education, and enter the workforce willing to work with enough income to live on their own, marry and raise a child or two?
- What are you going to do to keep jobs in America rather than send them offshore to the countries with the lowest wage costs and fewest safety standards?
- What should happen to the people who are now being held up by the federal “safety net” of Unemployment Insurance, food stamps, and Medicaid and what criteria will you use to determine the costs and benefits of those programs?
- If you believe that health insurance is a “fringe benefit” or a recruiting tool and should not be a mandate, how can our nation insure that all workers can obtain health insurance?
- How do you propose to pay our service men and women to defend our country?
- How do you propose to pay for the weapon systems and training those service men and women need to do their jobs?
- How do you propose to pay for the care and treatment of those service men and women who have been injured and disabled as a result of their military service and provide for the widows, widowers and orphans of those service men and women who have been killed in the service of our country?
- How do you propose to repair and restore our crumbling infrastructure?
- What do you intend to do about immigration? Not just the continuing flood of illegal immigrants, but those who have been living here and performing low wage jobs without benefits so that their children, now American citizens because they were born here, can hope to get a better job than their parents.
- What are you going to do about encouraging immigrants from foreign lands to assimilate?
- Will you insist that those who come to live in the United States pay their taxes, learn to speak English and participate in American society?
- Will you make American English the national language?
- What are you going to do about the national debt?
- Tell us which constituency or voting block you are willing to alienate by removing federal support and services for them in order to balance the budget?
- What are you going to do about the “balance of payments”?
- Are there really enough jobs for people who actually want them? If not, how can those jobs be created?
- What is your position on the rights of all American workers to stand together and bargain with their employers over wages and working conditions?
- How do you intend to reform the Tax Code?
- Will you eliminate the double taxation of corporate dividends?
- Will you promise to stop rewarding debt and support equity investment?